Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 6


Day 6: Blue said we should try to get a message back to the convoy. I started to write it, but then he told me to record the details of our marooning. 
   Blue said I shouldn't refer to it as marooning in the logs. Tried to delete it but it wouldn't go. Oh well. 
   From what I remember (blue admits that he remembers less than I do, it was quite a crash) we left base 003 at 4:00AM. Forgot the date. Think it was 11/30/09. Anyhow we left the base on the Tiger 1 helicopter. Blue was the pilot. We entered the no-man's zone and the something happened to the tail rotor. Blue insists that it wasn't his fault. I think it was a gun shot, but blue doesn't think that any NEM would be out in no-man's land. 
   Lost control of gyros, so our craft started spinning wildly. Both blue and I lost our lunches more or less simultaneously. It would've been funny if it hadn't been so darn scary.

Later: Blue says I'm wasting too much time writing this down. He wants me to write a message on the ground just in case someone happens across it. I don't think it'll work but no harm in trying.

Later: I wrote the message since I'm the only one who knows how to spell. Blue kept insisting that there was another "e" in "please" but of course he's wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment